- Hit List
- Documentation Project
About this Member
The Asian Canadian Labour Alliance (ACLA) is a grassroots collective of community and labour activists.
Our goals are to:
- Develop an Asian Canadian Labour identity.
- Generate a Labour-positive presence in Asian communities.
- Work within the Labour movement and within Asian communities to raise the profile fo Asian Canadian labour issues.
- Encourage and support Asian Canadian workers to participate more fully in the Labour movement.
- Promote and support Asian Canadian activists in leadership roles within the Labour movement and within their communities.
- Challenge racism, systemic discrimination and internalized racism.
- Reach out to Asian communities in different languages.
- Work in solidarity with international workers.
- Link with migrant and temporary workers.
Asian workers have a rich, proud and active history in the struggle for worker justice and human rights in Canada. From building the railroads to the garment factories, from working in the heathcare sector to the fruit fields, we helped build Canada.
In May 2000, a group of Asian Canadian labour activists met to talk about setting up an alliance representing the voice of Asian Canadian trade union members, Asian Canadian workers and the Asian community at large.
The Asian Canadian Labour Alliance is the fruit of those meetings. Through educational events, organizing and strike support, we hope to establish a wide network of labour and community activists in Canada.
À propos de ce membre
La description de ce membre est seulement disponible en anglais.